Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dyno Day Results

Reactions
Hey guys, finally got on the Dyno Jet at Boost Controlled Performance. Did a bunch of runs over 2 hours. My best was 454 awhp at 487 torque. For comparison, the ST stock runs between 310-330 awhp. The stock turbos are giving out around 5800 rpm so there is a lot being left on the table.

Now I just have to decide if I want to upgrade turbos and do Stage 5 CRP or Pure Turbo 700. I'm told I could get into the low 500's awhp with this upgrade around the same torque. I'm sticking with 93 as I don't feel like dealing with ethanol. I'm really just having fun on the roads on occasion and not doing too much tracking. Of course I could always flash an E50 for a track day if I wanted for fun. It was a really fun day and great to see what you can squeeze out of these beasts! Dyno Graph 1.jpg FAD50B9E-2863-4963-AF4A-9B09DFAD5474.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Ah, gotcha. Can’t see the sig on my phone.
No worries - pasting here...

2020 Ford Explorer ST | 93 Tune | FenFabrication CAI, IC Piping, Downpipes, Exhaust (3") | Turbosmart Race Port BOV | Whipple IC | H&R Springs | Steeda Sway Bar | JLT Catch Can | TSW Turbina 20x9 et20 Winter Wheels

Reactions
Kruppa, did u dyno before ur custom intake for reference or no?

Reactions
Hey guys, finally got on the Dyno Jet at Boost Controlled Performance. Did a bunch of runs over 2 hours. My best was 454 awhp at 487 torque. For comparison, the ST stock runs between 310-330 awhp. The stock turbos are giving out around 5800 rpm so there is a lot being left on the table.

Now I just have to decide if I want to upgrade turbos and do Stage 5 CRP or Pure Turbo 700. I'm told I could get into the low 500's awhp with this upgrade around the same torque. I'm sticking with 93 as I don't feel like dealing with ethanol. I'm really just having fun on the roads on occasion and not doing too much tracking. Of course I could always flash an E50 for a track day if I wanted for fun. It was a really fun day and great to see what you can squeeze out of these beasts! View attachment 4285 View attachment 4286
Awesome man.... I'm in the same track. Whipple, SPD's, Borla S-Type's, ZFG 93...after a conversation with Adam I'm going to go the CRP Stage 5's route.

I'm going to buy used cores $500/each and send em in for new internals. This is my Daily and I can't afford to have downtime with the it sidelined (nor can I afford brand new ones at $4,500 )

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Kruppa, did u dyno before ur custom intake for reference or no?
No I did not. It would be awesome to dyno before and after every mod for sure but it’s $200/hr to rent the dyno and I also don’t normally have the time.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Awesome man.... I'm in the same track. Whipple, SPD's, Borla S-Type's, ZFG 93...after a conversation with Adam I'm going to go the CRP Stage 5's route.

I'm going to buy used cores $500/each and send em in for new internals. This is my Daily and I can't afford to have downtime with the it sidelined (nor can I afford brand new ones at $4,500 )

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Awesome!! Happy to see more of us pushing the performance. I hear you, as a daily it’s hard to remove the turbos and wait for them to ship there, up to 10 business days to build then ship back.

Reactions
How do you reconcile your #s with LokiWolf puttin 440/497 down with only the same (roughly) 93 oct tune. Do you think Adam could squeeze some more out of your setup now that you’ve got that sweet CAI?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
How do you reconcile your #s with LokiWolf puttin 440/497 down with only the same (roughly) 93 oct tune. Do you think Adam could squeeze some more out of your setup now that you’ve got that sweet CAI?
Unless it was the same dyno and same conditions you can’t directly compare numbers.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #13
Unless it was the same dyno and same conditions you can’t directly compare numbers.
Yep - unless it's same dyno you can't even try to compare. Unfortunately that's how it works.

The best comparison we can have is dragy times - of course that also takes into account temperature, tires, driver skill, elevation, etc. etc. On another thread I've been saying if people are looking for direct comparisons it's best to just stomp on the gas from a stop vs launching (brake stalling) so it takes out the variability of launch.

Last edited:
Reactions
You can have significant differences between dyno brands also Dynojet vs Mustang is a good example. Which dynos were used? Kruppa was a Dynojet from the pic.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #16
You can have significant differences between dyno brands also Dynojet vs Mustang is a good example. Which dynos were used? Kruppa was a Dynojet from the pic.
Correct. Mine was Dynojet.

Reactions
I just went back to Lokiwolf's and his was Dynojet also. Still apples to oranges with all the possible variables. Stout numbers and sounds great.

OP
K
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
I just went back to Lokiwolf's and his was Dynojet also. Still apples to oranges with all the possible variables. Stout numbers and sounds great.
I just came back to post the same thing after I found it. It’s unfortunate how hard it is to get accurate comparisons but that’s how it goes. We still have to rely on good old fashioned side by side races :)