Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dynamic route guidance

STig

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The traffic information showing yellow and red for congestion has stopped. Without that DRG has gotten me hung up twice in the last couple of weeks. Fastest route and route guidance are both active in settings. Interested in suggestions to get it back up and running.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It's enabled for two years for free. After that you need a subscription.

OP
STig

STig

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Would have been nice to get a notification through Ford Pass or the nav screen. Thanks for the info.

OP
STig

STig

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Ford is telling me its subscription for 21 and forward. The 20 should still be active. I can't have the only 20 ST with this failure. BTW this was 50 minutes and 7 transfers to different departments. Waiting on "in vehicle technology" to get back with me.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Curious why not use your phone or any app? My wife uses an app called "ways" I am sure that is spelled wrong but it saved me before going down some crazy back roads but right around a car fire on a 2 lane road going thru Santa Cruz mountains.

OP
STig

STig

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Easy to see road congestion on the big screen. I live 20 miles south of the Metro and sometimes I have to be creative to find a good path. I think the nav gets its information from waze.

Reactions
Ford is telling me its subscription for 21 and forward. The 20 should still be active. I can't have the only 20 ST with this failure. BTW this was 50 minutes and 7 transfers to different departments. Waiting on "in vehicle technology" to get back with me.
It's still active on my 2020. It has acted up a few times and didn't work but I believe it gets its feed via satellite since it's tied in with the satellite radio

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Easy to see road congestion on the big screen. I live 20 miles south of the Metro and sometimes I have to be creative to find a good path. I think the nav gets its information from waze.
I use the CarPlay so my phone shows up on the big screen. I’ve never even used the factory Nav before. Waze is a life saver if you don’t know the area. Hopefully you gets yours straight not having Nav would kill me.