Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

DRL LED Bar brightness boosted using FORScan

Nightshade

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Hey all! I just wanted to write this FORScan changes to those who are interested!

The following FORScan changes below allows you to use your white LED bars brightened up in your headlights at night time without using your low beams—also will work during the day as well with the Explorer being in park. By default, Ford has made this option dim during day and night time, this fixes that!

This would be perfect for those going to car meets like myself, wanting to take pictures at day/night, etc and want to have your led bar on, this is for you!

To note, I’ve first found this out by my own for my 14th gen F-150s and posted in the 14th gen F-150 forum (same screen name), which I’m very well known for among several FORScan changes. @powerboatr can personally vouch for me. @powerboatr, please add this to the FORScan spreadsheet as well!

**Below is the picture of my ST in night time taken at a friend's house just now, in headlight switch/knob number 2 and in drive, not parked. Low beams do not turn on, just the white LED bar with fog lights. You can use the fog lights on or off with it, which works perfectly in switch 2! If you wish to use your low beams, just simply go back to auto mode (switch 3), it's that easy!

AS ALWAYS, BACKUP YOUR BCM MODULE BEFORE MAKING THE CHANGES!

Values to change in BCM (as-built): BCM -> 726-42-01 -> x2x2-xxxx-xxxx

*REMEMBER--leave the "x"s alone, only change the numbers (2)

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

**For those with possible flickering LED bar: (headlight and/or fog light);

This is the alternative way of making your LED bar brighter. If your headlights/fog lights are flickering or notice it is, the below steps is what you must do.

1. Revert/restore your changes in FORScan that you did for the above change via backup that you made to restore back to factory as-built values for line - BCM: 726-42-01 -> x2x2 xxxx xx--. Make sure to write and cycle your truck on/off.

2. Go into BCM as-built once again and create a backup once more, to be safe.

3. Change the following as-built with the following values. The preferred value that has been tested as of May 2022, is 4B (75%). Change only the "**" area, and leave the rest of the values in the line the way they are as default.

726-38-01 xxxx **xx xx--

64 =100%
5A = 90%
4B =75%
32 = 50%
19 = 25%
0A =10%

3. Write to the truck and cycle the truck on/off, a few seconds apart. Enjoy!

If you have any issues, please comment in this thread or DM me.

*DO AT OWN RISK, AS ALWAYS, BACKUP YOUR BCM MODULE BEFORE MAKING THE CHANGES!

IMG_3758.jpg

OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

Firefighter
Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
All done, added!