Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Driving in snow

Reactions
That's an odd message while driving, not sure what camera it is concerned with, ha.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
If this popped up while driving, your front camera under the Ford Emblem is likely either frozen over with ice or road crud on it.

OP
marksst
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
If this popped up while driving, your front camera under the Ford Emblem is likely either frozen over with ice or road crud on it.
Interesting, I thought that was only used while parking. I guess it is monitored while driving.

If it's about that camera, I'd say " Hey Ford, if you had included the camera washer on the 2021 like you did on 2020, it wouldn't be dirty"

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
I think there’s a camera at the top of the windshield, the one that detects the speed limit signs and such.

hbalek

Reactions
I think there’s a camera at the top of the windshield, the one that detects the speed limit signs and such.
Yes that's the one in the windshield. I've gotten that before in heavy rain or snow.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I was under the impression the one in the grill controlled braking and whatnot. Learn something new every day.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I'm sorry folks. I assumed too much. I didn't read that warning right and was responding as if I knew what it said. It does say clean the screen and is no doubt the camera in the windshield. The warning that I wrongly assumed this to be was something braking assist, accident avoidance (something to that effect). I need to open my eyes.