Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Driver's Side Window Issue

Reactions
The automatic pull stopped working (When you pull up for a few seconds the window goes all the way up on it's own) so I had to hold it until the window was fully up. But now when I hold it and the window hits the seal at the highest point it goes halfway down again. The only way I can get the window up is to tap the switch up quickly until I think it's at the highest point and sealed.

Before I take it in has anyone seen this before or aware of a setting that does this to the function of the window?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
There is something out of alignment. The electric motors are designed to retract the window when it faces an obstruction so it doesn't (for example) pinch some kid's neck. Take it in and have them check for binding.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
@TMac is probably right, but anecdotally, the master window switch (DS Front) that was installed in 2020/early 2021 is really really bad. There have been tons of reports of the chrome peeling off and me and few others had the mirror adjustment toggle break off down inside the switch so the rocker just floats around in its groove. It may be worth having the dealer look at the switch as well.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
While the chrome peeling off doesn't have anything to do with the "switch", the switch could also be the culprit. As far as that goes, it could also be the motor. A good tech will probably replace everything. :rolleyes:

Liquid

Reactions
Mine was backing down as soon as the auto-up hit the top. Google search basically said to hold the switch up and/or down for a couple seconds once it reaches the limit; there's a demonstration video here:
Fixed it for me - let us know if it works

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That's pretty slick. I had no idea they had that sort of adaptivity built in. Kudos on the find.

Reactions
Mine was backing down as soon as the auto-up hit the top. Google search basically said to hold the switch up and/or down for a couple seconds once it reaches the limit; there's a demonstration video here:
Fixed it for me - let us know if it works
Thanks for the video. Could be helpful down the road, cheers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Mine did this after I got tint installed. Did what the video said it was all good.

Reactions
Mine did this a few times. Held it up as it rolled up then kept holding it for like 10 seconds once it reached the top, hasn’t done it since.

OP
L
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
I tried it and it didn't work. Off to the dealership I guess.