Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Driver side seat control Panel - Replacement P/N

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Can anyone tell me the correct Ford part number for the Drivers side Seat control panel. I snapped mine and I tried to get replacements from online stores and they keep sending me the wrong color Part.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks to minuteman 3 for this info. I just bought one today. 2nd panel since new. 1st under warranty. If you buy one, keep the receipt. Motorcraft has a 2 year warranty on the part. Bought mine at the dealer.

1690589641161.png

OP
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thanks to minuteman 3 for this info. I just bought one today. 2nd panel since new. 1st under warranty. If you buy one, keep the receipt. Motorcraft has a 2 year warranty on the part. Bought mine at the dealer.

View attachment 18882
Thanks,

What was the cost at the Dealership?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
List was $67.90. My Ford discount was $61.11+ tax = $65.30

hbalek

Reactions
Mine broke again. The first one lasted 3 years, this one didn't last a year but I think they broke it at the dealership today when I had my half-shaft speed sensor replaced under powertrain warranty. I had a 4wd fault message a few days ago.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Mine was replaced under warranty and I knew exactly when I broke it. I ordered it, and it arrived in a couple of days, pulled the old one off, it takes about 10 minutes, and took it to the parts counter. I gave them the old one, they handed me the new one, I took it home and put it on. I think there was a CSP on these for the 20 and 21 model years. They have been redesigned, I made sure my new one looked different than the old one. There is a thread somewhere on the site discussing this.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
What causes these to break?

hbalek

Reactions
Poor design and cheapest plastic possible! I have Tupperware made of better plastic! I thought I made sure it was the new part number but apparently wasn't.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Some people have had the passenger side break. The ST we drove in the ST Experience had one.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I had mine on car ramps, it was a long way down, when I went to get out I slid down across it and it snapped.

hbalek

Reactions
Some people have had the passenger side break. The ST we drove in the ST Experience had one.
My passenger side doesn't get nearly as much use so it's still not broken.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So, It turns out my panel wasn't broken. When the tech replaced it, he missed the top tab. It was being held in place until...the front panel broke. Re-installed the side panel (correctly) and Meguivered the front panel in place. I added the lever pic to show the controls can be popped off with a trim tool.

Attachments

hbalek

Reactions
So, It turns out my panel wasn't broken. When the tech replaced it, he missed the top tab. It was being held in place until...the front panel broke. Re-installed the side panel (correctly) and Meguivered the front panel in place. I added the lever pic to show the controls can be popped off with a trim tool.
Turns out mine may not have been broken either. I popped the side piece back in and it's stayed in place since yesterday.