Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Driver seat creaking

Reactions
My driver seat is creaking when I get into the car or anytime I move around in the seat. I know I'm not the smallest man at 6'10" 290 but damn I've never had a seat do this before with 12k miles on the car.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
I’m 6’2” 180 … I drive with the seat all the way back … how do you fit behind the steering wheel at 6’10” ?

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Uhh I don't know rick, I just do.

Do you have any problems on long trips with your legs being cramped up ?

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
Yeah I usually stop halfway and have knee surgery cause it hurts so bad.

Good for you

JAD11

Reactions
My driver seat is creaking when I get into the car or anytime I move around in the seat. I know I'm not the smallest man at 6'10" 290 but damn I've never had a seat do this before with 12k miles on the car.

I have the same issue. So, there's a TSB out # 22-2100 (supersedes 21-2185 for 2020-2022 STs). Your VIN has to be associated with the TSB to be fixed under warranty - my VIN isn't associated (I have a 2021 ST). I'm trying to find a way to get Ford to add my VIN to the TSB. Customer service tells me they have no way to escalate. I'm back trying to get my dealer to figure it out. I will report back if I find a way. Check to see if your VIN is associated...