Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Driver assistance question...

Reactions
Is there any way to permanently disable Active Braking and Evasive Steering?

I turned them off once already, but then the next time I got back into the truck they were enabled again.

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
just a guess here, but did you use the same key when you got back in? A lot of settings match the key fobs.

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
just a guess here, but did you use the same key when you got back in? A lot of settings match the key fobs.
Yes, same key was used.

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
So I guess no one knows?

KegsBdry

Reactions
So I guess no one knows?
I recall having to disable them a few times until it went through. It was quite annoying.

But after I took the ST Experience and noticed a few nice features with the auto-braking, I turned them all back on. It might save me a bumper down the road. You never know.

Reactions
I don’t know for sure but I have determined it doesn’t matter what key I have on me, or how many times I try to set my memory settings. I suspect that, since these are safety features, they will always default ON when the ‘key’ is cycled on.

Side note, if you turn off the Active Braking, it should turn off the evasive steering assist automatically...that’s what it does on mine anyway.

Annoying though it is, I suggest you do what I have done and just establish a patterned routine when you get in. I have it down to a science now and can get everything I want turned on and/or off in 15 seconds or less. And for those short trips to the corner store or whatnot, just don’t worry about them.