Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Driver assist settings question

RCHeliguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey is there a quick way to disable the steering wheel feedback when changing lanes while not using the turn signal?

Thanks!

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I would hope not. A person should signal any lane change.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hey is there a quick way to disable the steering wheel feedback when changing lanes while not using the turn signal?

Thanks!
Yes there is. Lane keeping system when cruise control is on can be disabled through the touchscreen.
I would hope not. A person should signal any lane change.
Agreed. But you can turn it off.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
No, you can’t turn off just the steering piece. You can turn the entire lane keeping system off. It will likely help your situation if you take the time to sit down and peruse the owners manual for your vehicle. Its purpose is to describe all the functions and operations. I know it’s easy to just ask on a forum and let someone who has put in the effort to learn, or just over time & experience has absorbed the knowledge through their own trial & error provide you an answer.

Really, download your version onto your phone and always have it handy…

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
No, you can’t turn off just the steering piece. You can turn the entire lane keeping system off. It will likely help your situation if you take the time to sit down and peruse the owners manual for your vehicle. Its purpose is to describe all the functions and operations. I know it’s easy to just ask on a forum and let someone who has put in the effort to learn, or just over time & experience has absorbed the knowledge through their own trial & error provide you an answer.

I agree with with reading an owners manual, but what do you mean you can’t just turn off steering aid? You can through the touchscreen.

OP
R

RCHeliguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Yes there is. Lane keeping system when cruise control is on can be disabled through the touchscreen.

Agreed. But you can turn it off.

Not talking about the lane keeping during cruise, just the steering wheel pushback when changing lanes while normal driving.

OP
R

RCHeliguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7

Isn't this the point of having a forum, to help people with questions?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Isn't this the point of having a forum, to help people with questions?
Yes it is, sometimes it's good to interact with others because not everything in the manual works as printed.

No detailed information on how to change any of the Driver Aid settings in my manual, it just says to go to the vehicle and work your way thru the sync3 settings.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Not talking about the lane keeping during cruise, just the steering wheel pushback when changing lanes while normal driving.
Oh that can be turned off via the left turn signal stick. At the very end there is a button that will turn it off.

OP
R

RCHeliguy

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Oh that can be turned off via the left turn signal stick. At the very end there is a button that will turn it off.

Right on, thank you good sir