Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Drive mode

JSA

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 st
Hi
"Drive mode is not available", this message came up and not going off , could not change the drive mode, please anyone had this before and what was the solution?

Last edited:

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I've never seen that in almost 4 years of ownership. I suggest you take it to the dealer.

Reactions
Mine was during a colossal failure of the whole 4WD system, but it was accompanied by many other messages as well. Fix was a new AWD control module.

OP
J

JSA

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 st
Thread Starter #5
Yes,the module under the driver's seat , isn't it?
Do you know the reason , is the battary low(60%)affect or more movement of the seat , up down...?

OP
J

JSA

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 st
Thread Starter #6
Mine has been replaced .

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Exploder ST
I'm having the same issue right now. Was your AWD module covered under warranty? If so, was it the bumper-to-bumper warranty or the power train warranty? I am still in the power train warranty and they are telling me it isn't covered.

OP
J

JSA

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 st
Thread Starter #8
Yes, it was replaced under warranty Bumper to bumper warranty.

Reactions
I'm having the same issue right now. Was your AWD module covered under warranty? If so, was it the bumper-to-bumper warranty or the power train warranty? I am still in the power train warranty and they are telling me it isn't covered.
Mine was covered under powertrain.

hbalek

Reactions
Mine was during a colossal failure of the whole 4WD system, but it was accompanied by many other messages as well. Fix was a new AWD control module.
How long did it take to repair? It seems this is what's happening with mine. Did you have it towed or drove it to dealership?

Reactions
How long did it take to repair? It seems this is what's happening with mine. Did you have it towed or drove it to dealership?
I drove it. It drove fine, just no drive modes, I think no 4x4 at all, no stability control, etc.; and it was in and out in a day, just a module replacement. Probably an hour’s total work for the tech I imagine

hbalek

Reactions
I drove it. It drove fine, just no drive modes, I think no 4x4 at all, no stability control, etc.; and it was in and out in a day, just a module replacement. Probably an hour’s total work for the tech I imagine
That's good to hear!