Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Door Unlock / Intelligent Access Issue

Reactions
This weekend Intelligent Access / keyless entry stopped functioning on my driver's door handle. I can still lock the door with the 'button' on top of the driver's handle, the key fob and the keypad both still function to lock/unlock, and I can lock/unlock the car from any of the other three door handles.

Anyone else experience this? I have an appointment scheduled with a dealership, but it's a few weeks out. If there's a reset, code clear or something else I could try in the mean time, I'm all ears.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
did you try replacing your keyfob battery? for whatever reason, mine seems to work less reliably in winter.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Only oddity I have with the doors being unlocked/locked would be my trunk button doesn't work when the car is locked. But works fine when the car is unlocked. IDK

OP
Pushrods
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Ran out to grab lunch today and it suddenly worked fine. We'll see when I leave later. Thinking back now, I do seem to recall a month or so ago that I had a similar issue once when locking the door - it wouldn't recognize tapping the lock icon. It's worked fine ever since.

did you try replacing your keyfob battery? for whatever reason, mine seems to work less reliably in winter.
I have not. All of the other keyless and fob functions are working just fine with the other doors and liftgate, so it didn't cross my mind.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Ran out to grab lunch today and it suddenly worked fine. We'll see when I leave later. Thinking back now, I do seem to recall a month or so ago that I had a similar issue once when locking the door - it wouldn't recognize tapping the lock icon. It's worked fine ever since.

I have not. All of the other keyless and fob functions are working just fine with the other doors and liftgate, so it didn't cross my mind.
You may want to get used to issues that eventually fix themselves after awhile. This has happened to me in this vehicle at least 4 times now.

For instance, one if the reverse parking sensors was stuck on RED (too close to an object). This means going into reverse would produce a constant loud noise. For 3 months this happened. Then a week before my next oil change, never happened again.

Welcome to the chaos.

Protor

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 2021
If you have problem with Intelligent Access / keyless entry you have to check your main battery in the car.
If the battery is low, your Ford turns off some systems including Intelligent Access.
Check battery condition, charge it or change.
It was worked in my ST.