Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Door speaker mounting debth

NeverSatisfied

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Any one happen to know the available mounting debth of the mid-bass and mid-range on a 2022 ST?

I want to run Morel MM3 and MW9, but I'm not sure if they will fit. I'll put Piccolo tweets in custom sail panel pods.

Thanks in advance.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
With a 1” thick adapter…which leaves plenty of room for excursion… you’ll have depth to spare.
Do something else with the midrange though…the door location sucks. I’m in the process of moving mine to the pillars now.

OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
For the mid, is it an axis issue? I didn't really want to stick them in the pillars even though I know it would be better.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Can’t get any real stage depth out of it. Tonality will be fine if that’s all you’re after. I prefer a deep stage though.

OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Thanks, been following your build. It's inspirational.

Reactions
How about trying to get an 8" midbass in the door? Mounting depth won't be an issue, as the driver is only 58mm deep.

OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
How about trying to get an 8" midbass in the door? Mounting depth won't be an issue, as the driver is only 58mm deep.
I want to do the 9" Morel Carbon Elates. Per Unbroken's build, he was able to fit 8" Utopias without issue. Looking at various pics and sites, I'm pretty sure they'll fit depth wise, not sure about diameter wise yet. I'll probably pull the door panel and verify before I order the drivers.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’ll obviously take a custom mounting ring and maybe some trimming on the inner door panel but 100% possible.

Reactions
It’ll obviously take a custom mounting ring and maybe some trimming on the inner door panel but 100% possible.
The ring shouldn't be an issue. I've got a big enough 3d printer and a couple spools of carbon reinforced nylon to play around with.