Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Does Wi-Fi stay connected

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Folks not sure I got this in the right spot so if I don’t forgive me and tell me where I should place it.

Just wondering if my car is sitting in the driveway and is connected to my home Wi-Fi before I shut the car off does the Wi-Fi stay connected even after the car has been shut off. Meaning will it constantly check for sync and system updates?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I don’t see how there could be enough battery for it to remain online.

On the other hand, sending a command thru the app (i.e., remote start) does wake it up.

hbalek

Reactions
I don’t see how there could be enough battery for it to remain online.

On the other hand, sending a command thru the app (i.e., remote start) does wake it up.
It does stay connected for as long as possible but in my experience less than an hour at a time with the engine off. It took weeks for me to download the latest version of Sync. Next update I'm not using WiFi.

OP
Greywolf
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer, ST
Thread Starter #4
It does stay connected for as long as possible but in my experience less than an hour at a time with the engine off. It took weeks for me to download the latest version of Sync. Next update I'm not using WiFi.
And this is exactly why I’m asking the question. Should I just go update via USB or just let it do on its own?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
And this is exactly why I’m asking the question. Should I just go update via USB or just let it do on its own?
I waited for weeks and weeks. Nothing. Despite people actually getting it over wifi. I think it’s a rollout and it just takes awhile. I recommend usb. But also this update adds nothing new so no need to be in a hurry to get it.

hbalek

Reactions
Sometimes my OCD makes me do things the difficult way so that's why I opted to use WiFi. It also depends on your signal strength. My driveway is about 50 feet away from my house so the speed isn't great. Most of the time I use USB and literally by the time you arrive at your destination everything has installed and rebooted, in like 20 minutes!