Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Divorced my 2021 ST and married 2023 ST

JRay

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Good evening everyone! So I am somewhat new here. 2 yrs ago I purchased 2021 Blue ST. About 4 months in I was thinking about doing some mods but I have absolutely no clue where to begin. During that time I began having issues with my ST. Not even 10,000 in my passenger window would not shut completely. Once it got to the top it would go back down and stopped when it was 3/4 of the way down. Took it in. 2 days later I get it back. Week later it began doing it again. This happen 3 separate times. Everything was covered under warranty so I was like ehhh one issue no big deal it’s fixed. Then came the oil leak. They had it in the dealership for 9 days finally found the issue and they had to replace something kinda major. Just don’t remember exactly what it was. Before my 1st issue and this oil issue I was on a two lane passing a truck. Hit the gas a little and my car basically shut down. My check engine lit was flashing and I could not go over 20mph. Had to tow car into an out of state dealer. They hooked up far and said it was a misfire. 2 weeks later another misfire. So they replaced all spark plugs at 11,000 miles. Happened again more times. During that time my display kept flashing a message saying the massage seats are Bering reset( bad harness).
I was like screw this. I am done. So stupid me goes in and talks to dealership about my issues and the next thing I know I find myself trading in my 2021 44,000 and getting a 2023. Silver ST 20 miles on it. This car runs so much better than the other. Not sure what happened. Past is the past and I am lookin only in the future. I want to do some mods but I honestly have no clue where to start so I decided to join a forum and get some advice from individuals that know what they are talking about. Looking forward to learning more about my ST and cool mods I am able to do. Cheers!

Attachments

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Good evening everyone! So I am somewhat new here. 2 yrs ago I purchased 2021 Blue ST. About 4 months in I was thinking about doing some mods but I have absolutely no clue where to begin. During that time I began having issues with my ST. Not even 10,000 in my passenger window would not shut completely. Once it got to the top it would go back down and stopped when it was 3/4 of the way down. Took it in. 2 days later I get it back. Week later it began doing it again. This happen 3 separate times. Everything was covered under warranty so I was like ehhh one issue no big deal it’s fixed. Then came the oil leak. They had it in the dealership for 9 days finally found the issue and they had to replace something kinda major. Just don’t remember exactly what it was. Before my 1st issue and this oil issue I was on a two lane passing a truck. Hit the gas a little and my car basically shut down. My check engine lit was flashing and I could not go over 20mph. Had to tow car into an out of state dealer. They hooked up far and said it was a misfire. 2 weeks later another misfire. So they replaced all spark plugs at 11,000 miles. Happened again more times. During that time my display kept flashing a message saying the massage seats are Bering reset( bad harness).
I was like screw this. I am done. So stupid me goes in and talks to dealership about my issues and the next thing I know I find myself trading in my 2021 44,000 and getting a 2023. Silver ST 20 miles on it. This car runs so much better than the other. Not sure what happened. Past is the past and I am lookin only in the future. I want to do some mods but I honestly have no clue where to start so I decided to join a forum and get some advice from individuals that know what they are talking about. Looking forward to learning more about my ST and cool mods I am able to do. Cheers!
Congrats on the new addition, welcome to the forum and hopefully good riddance to the problems you had with the old ST.

When it comes to mods, you will find a plethora of information here on things you can do. This really depends on what your direction is. Power/performance, visual or both. Give some insight on what you are thinking and I'm sure you will find some direction here.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome to the forum. There is a bunch of people that will help spend your money. Good luck with the new Explorer.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Congrats and welcome. Like the new color!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome back to the club.