Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Display Gear Number in D mode?

SDFlyer1

Reactions
Hello from new ST owner.

Question?

On my F-150"s I could display the number while in Drive mode, kinda liked to see the number.

Wondering if I can see with ST, it does display for a couple seconds if I touch the paddles but disappears on next shift.

S.

Reactions
I believe with a tune from either PBD or ZFG this becomes available. Not sure if its something you can turn on through ForSCAN or not but if it is I haven't found it yet.

OP
SDFlyer1

SDFlyer1

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I believe with a tune from either PBD or ZFG this becomes available. Not sure if its something you can turn on through ForSCAN or not but if it is I haven't found it yet.
Thanks, it was easy on the F150, not so much with the ST.

BillBeau

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
Thats the one thing I miss is the gear display. I do know if you hit the up paddle it will show you what gear your in. It blinks the number at the bottom center of your dash display.

OP
SDFlyer1

SDFlyer1

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thats the one thing I miss is the gear display. I do know if you hit the up paddle it will show you what gear your in. It blinks the number at the bottom center of your dash display.
Ya, it does but sadly only for a few moments, I wish it would display like my 150"s, oh well.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
5 Star also enables the gear display with their tunes.

F=MA

Reactions
I have the gear number displayed all the time with the ZFG tune.

KegsBdry

Reactions
Too bad that's not something that can be turned on with ForSCAN. If anyone ever finds it, please share.

BabsST38

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Too bad that's not something that can be turned on with ForSCAN. If anyone ever finds it, please share.
If someone could read the “AS BUILT format” after tuning we may be able to figure out.

Reactions
I know this can’t be done through FORScan. I’ve heard tuners using an HP tuner can do it. I work with a tuner who tuned my other Ford. He’s willing to give it a shot if I can get more info. Anybody know what/where the setting is that needs to be changed?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If your tuner doesn’t know that…perhaps it’s time for a new tuner that actually understands this car.

Reactions
If your tuner doesn’t know that…perhaps it’s time for a new tuner that actually understands this car.
He’s a Mustang tuner. He’s just trying to help a customer.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Good luck then…if you can’t take some friendly advice without resorting to childish bullshit enjoy whatever trash tuning you wind up with. If you think you’re the first that thought “my buddy” can do it better you’re sorely mistaken. There’s several idiosyncrasies with this car that the top tuners have spent years refining…your guy isn’t one of them.

WFO-TSi

Reactions
Vehicle
Not Yet
Have your tuner go to the "General" tab under Transmision. Open the "Gear Display Active" table and make it look like the attached picture. Then find a new tuner.

Change to 1.jpg