Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Disabling Door-Open Chime

Reactions
Vehicle
2002 Ford Mustang
I just got a cable so I can use FORSCAN to change a few things. Something that I have not seen anyone talk about disabling is the Door-Open Chime With Engine Running.

I have never had a vehicle that chimes when I open my door and it drives me nuts and sometimes wakes up the baby in the back. Anyone know if this is also something I can tackle when I get around to using FORSCAN?

Thanks!

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
2002 Ford Mustang
Thread Starter #2
Well I figured out how to shut it off with FORSCAN! So much better not having that annoying chime.
PXL_20221018_235250116.jpg

I think I found where to shut off the chime that activates when you start the vehicle as well but I wasn't sure and am going to do some digging before touching it to make sure I am not doing something bad. I think it's in the above photo under "Chimes - Key In Ignition Reminder" but it doesn't make sense to me to be that but I'll probably just try it and see what happens.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Well I figured out how to shut it off with FORSCAN! So much better not having that annoying chime.
View attachment 14787

I think I found where to shut off the chime that activates when you start the vehicle as well but I wasn't sure and am going to do some digging before touching it to make sure I am not doing something bad. I think it's in the above photo under "Chimes - Key In Ignition Reminder" but it doesn't make sense to me to be that but I'll probably just try it and see what happens.
Did you just change it to "disabled" or to "manual"

Id like to turn off the chime when it turns off lane keeping when it looses the lines on the road.

OP
B
Reactions
Vehicle
2002 Ford Mustang
Thread Starter #4
I changed it to 'disabled'. I have to go back in some time soon to make additional changes so I might play around with it to find out what the difference is between; manual, automatic, disabled.

PXL_20221018_235237317.jpg

It makes a chime when it loses that? I don't know if I've noticed but I just recently purchased my explorer so I haven't spent much time with that feature running yet. If I come across it while making my other changes, I'll be sure to take a picture and update you with it.

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I changed it to 'disabled'. I have to go back in some time soon to make additional changes so I might play around with it to find out what the difference is between; manual, automatic, disabled.

View attachment 14794

It makes a chime when it loses that? I don't know if I've noticed but I just recently purchased my explorer so I haven't spent much time with that feature running yet. If I come across it while making my other changes, I'll be sure to take a picture and update you with it.
Yes, if i'm driving with lane keep assist on and adaptive cruise, when it looses the lines on the roadway it chimes and shows a message. When it finds the lines again it just resumes and shows the green lines on either side of the the roadway depiction on the center screen.