Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Diff Braces

paSTa

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Now that there are multiple options to choose from can anyone say what brace is "best"? Obviously the AWR is nice at the price point but comparatively are the ID Speed and Steeda options just more well-made for the price? Steeda's has only been out for a short amount of time but looks really well done.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I like the ID Speed best due to the materials used throughout. The Steeda I’m not a fan of the poly bushings…I can see some extra NVH with the diff locked down too tight. AWR…it’s there for a low cost option but it’s cheap for a reason.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@paSTa, I jumped on the bandwagon early on when AWR was the better option from some of the other early offerings. I replaced my AWR with the Steeda a few weeks back using the softer (red) set of bushings, the black bushings felt stiff. I see/feel no difference from an NVH perspective from the AWR. Don't get me wrong, I had no issues with the AWR, I just felt more confident with the Steeda. Any one of the braces mentioned will likely give you some benefit over the factory 3-bolt setup. My AWR now sits on the bench.

Last edited: