Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

(Delivery update) Made the Domestic Switch To a 2022 Explorer St - Forged Green Metallic

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Finally took delivery, and I was worried because I had never seen the colors in person, but I have to say I’m obsessed.

Hey Hey everyone, Just got the call this morning from my dealership that my Explorer had come in early and was ready for pickup, heading there Thursday for delivery. I went with the ST w/ Tech package in Forged Green Metallic, which I'm pretty excited about. My only complaint and it's my own fault for not adding them in the order is that it doesn't include the all weather rubber floor mats with it from the factory, which my Audi did...bummer. Made my appointment for next week to get the windows tinted and the entire vehicle wrapped in paint protection film (Expel) and then ceramic coated. I have plans to do the Steeda kit for the intercooler and calibration, so if anyone in Kentucky knows a good performance shop, shoot me the info. I'll post some pictures Thursday once I get it home, but I'll attach the one the dealer sent me this morning. My past few vehicles have been Audi SUVs (Q5) so I'm looking forward to something new. Cheers guys 2EB75899-A466-4A36-BD8C-AE80095675AA.jpeg 1DA10AEE-C1CA-4C90-B7FD-0C1F2A2CF334.jpeg E66562DB-4236-4F58-BEA9-BD7938F5ED64.jpeg DFFBEB34-5391-45A5-B69C-77CB8AB26924.jpeg FCB0F80E-AA6F-4FA7-AA4B-854B86A73C7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Hey Hey everyone, Just got the call this morning from my dealership that my Explorer had come in early and was ready for pickup, heading there Thursday for delivery. I went with the ST w/ Tech package in Forged Green Metallic, which I'm pretty excited about. My only complaint and it's my own fault for not adding them in the order is that it doesn't include the all weather rubber floor mats with it from the factory, which my Audi did...bummer. Made my appointment for next week to get the windows tinted and the entire vehicle wrapped in paint protection film (Expel) and then ceramic coated. I have plans to do the Steeda kit for the intercooler and calibration, so if anyone in Kentucky knows a good performance shop, shoot me the info. I'll post some pictures Thursday once I get it home, but I'll attach the one the dealer sent me this morning View attachment 14638 . My past few vehicles have been Audi SUVs (Q5) so I'm looking forward to something new. Cheers guys
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Word of advice, I'd wait on that Steeda Pack until warranty is up. Warranty will save you hundreds maybe thousands of dollars. Ford Accesories sell rubber floor mats and their amazing. Weather tech is great also.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Congratulations on the new ST and welcome. Nice color!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
... My only complaint and it's my own fault for not adding them in the order is that it doesn't include the all weather rubber floor mats with it from the factory, which my Audi did...bummer ...
I just picked up the All Weather mats from my dealer, they had them in stock for $200.

Nice fit too.

OP
RandomPilot

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Word of advice, I'd wait on that Steeda Pack until warranty is up. Warranty will save you hundreds maybe thousands of dollars. Ford Accesories sell rubber floor mats and their amazing. Weather tech is great also.
Yeaaaaa, that’s a good point.

OP
RandomPilot

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
I just picked up the All Weather mats from my dealer, they had them in stock for $200.

Nice fit too.
For whatever reason they don’t have any on stock, story of post COVID life I reckon.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hey Hey everyone, Just got the call this morning from my dealership that my Explorer had come in early and was ready for pickup, heading there Thursday for delivery. I went with the ST w/ Tech package in Forged Green Metallic, which I'm pretty excited about. My only complaint and it's my own fault for not adding them in the order is that it doesn't include the all weather rubber floor mats with it from the factory, which my Audi did...bummer. Made my appointment for next week to get the windows tinted and the entire vehicle wrapped in paint protection film (Expel) and then ceramic coated. I have plans to do the Steeda kit for the intercooler and calibration, so if anyone in Kentucky knows a good performance shop, shoot me the info. I'll post some pictures Thursday once I get it home, but I'll attach the one the dealer sent me this morning View attachment 14638 . My past few vehicles have been Audi SUVs (Q5) so I'm looking forward to something new. Cheers guys
Welcome to the forum.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
For whatever reason they don’t have any on stock, story of post COVID life I reckon.
Did you ever order them from Steeda? They still show as having them in stock.

OP
RandomPilot

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Did you ever order them from Steeda? They still show as having them in stock.
Nah, I found another dealer local with the full set in stock actually

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
If it isn't too late, look into Husky mats.

OP
RandomPilot

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #13
If it isn't too late, look into Husky mats.
I might because I hate the Ford ones. The actual dead pedal is half the size of the cutout on the drivers side mat.

travish325

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Where are you at in KY? I'm in Southern IN across from Louisville

OP
RandomPilot

RandomPilot

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #15
Where are you at in KY? I'm in Southern IN across from Louisville
Lexington…I ordered it from a dealership in Oldham County though. Tri-County Ford