Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Deep Sleep Mode

StangMan

Reactions
I got this message about 20 minutes after parking following a 35 minute drive, so the vehicle was not sitting for 14+ days (never has), about 45 degrees and the battery was fine. I started right up no issues. It's only happened one time. I have heard others mention this and a possible TSB. Called the dealer and they have no information. The build date is June, I have owned it since September. Anyone have any experience with this and information on how it is fixed? TY e20deepsleep.png

Reactions
That's popped on me once when I parked it for a two days without driving. Check my battery an all seems to be fine, I associate it with the weather being cold here in OH lately.

Kaycott88

Reactions
Happened to me twice. first time, battery was replaced by dealer after car would not start. Second time, dealer concluded that it was not a battery issue but a computer issue. They updated all the computer systems with a new SSM code. No issues with that since.

STDORA

Reactions
I got that message after my ST sat idle for 2 days, garaged and very mild temperatures. It started right up. I guess I better notify the dealer to document if in fact this becomes a problem.

Reactions
Parked ours Friday afternoon. Got a deep sleep notification Saturday afternoon, come Monday morning to go to work, completely dead.
Dealer came with jump pack, then drove it to shop where they charged batt 37mins, said batt is good. Apparently they didn't care why it went dead. Said its all set now.. Lol. This type of service dept hackery is why repeat service and pissed off buyers happen.

powerby50

Reactions
Parked ours Friday afternoon. Got a deep sleep notification Saturday afternoon, come Monday morning to go to work, completely dead.
Dealer came with jump pack, then drove it to shop where they charged batt 37mins, said batt is good. Apparently they didn't care why it went dead. Said its all set now.. Lol. This type of service dept hackery is why repeat service and pissed off buyers happen.
This happened to me, after 2 days of sitting battery was completely dead, happened multiple times. The software was updated at dealer and never had issue again.

Reactions
This happened to me, after 2 days of sitting battery was completely dead, happened multiple times. The software was updated at dealer and never had issue again.
That's the answer. I had to take mine to a dealer to get some software updates (mine was the BCM). Then this never happened again.

That same message happened to me before the car failed to start. Something was drawing the power from the battery while it was parked for a couple days.

Really liking this warning from FordPass about my car before it takes a dump. Clever girl!

Reactions
UPDATE: Parts came in for the heated driver seat. Drove over to my scheduled appointment. And One block away from the dealership, the CHARGING SYSTEM SERVICE NOW (battery) error showed back up on the dashboard. First time in a few weeks (since they fixed it in the software update). The good news: The dealership traced it to a loose wire on the ground near the passenger side controls.

9E076B7B-324B-4CCE-8B24-F44D5187D109.jpeg

Reactions
Got the car back today. No more CHARGING SYSTEM SERVICE NOW message. But this is the 4th time picking it up being told it’s fixed. This time, Ford tells me it was a grounding short. Should be fixed now. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It’s good to have the car back. Damn I miss driving!