Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dead Battery

Reactions
Thanks for the information. My ST is a later production, Nov. 2019, so I would figure it would have gotten the upgrade. Also, SYNC does not work out here in the Pacific, no satellite coverage, so I have to have updates from dealer.

Reactions
That is EXACTLY what I'm looking to buy! Much appreciated!!!

I'm having trouble finding that part # in the picture. What is that # 6M2?-1003-AAal

Can't find that part on Ford's website.

UPDATE: Called local Ford dealership, he is tracking down that part # now.
6M21-1003-AAbl or 6M21-1003-AAal is what it says. But I follow this from a Goggle search.
If they do find them please share.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #23
After talking to Ford Parts department, I’ll have to reach out to Germany for the part. :rolleyes:

thedanman

Reactions
After sending this to mechanic @ Ford (Ford said the TSB isn't the right # but it is a known fix to that warning message), they said this should fix that issue:

TSB #48268 - 2020 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility - Discharged Battery/No Crank - Built on or before 30-Aug-2019. The Bulletin states, "Some 2020 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility vehicles equipped with SYNC built on or before 30-Aug-2019 may exhibit a discharge battery/no crank condition. This may be caused by the software in the accessory protocol interface module (APIM), body control module (BCM) and/or the telematics control unit (TCU) module. To correct the condition, reprogram the APIM, BCM, and the TCU using the latest software level of the appropriate Ford diagnostics scan tool. If the BCM software update is not available in the FDRS Toolbox, a software fix is being developed. As a temporary fix, uninstall and reinstall FDRS selecting 'remove all data'. If the battery drain concern is still present, follow normal diagnostics in Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 414-01 > General Procedures. Effective Date: 17-October-2019."

The mechanic said 2 of the 3 device softwares were already up-to-date. They updated the 3rd (BCM) needed updating. Haven't seen the error since but need to test this on a long trip again to be certain.
KegsBdry, can you let me know if this fixed your issue? Myself and Metromike are having the same issues over on https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/2020-st-starting-problems.483846/ - I have been having the issue since the day after I bought the car but unfortunately not often enough to do the buyback. Still, the explorer is in the shop for this right now. There are also some videos on youtube with the same issue.

(Those are not my videos)

Thanks

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #25
KegsBdry, can you let me know if this fixed your issue? Myself and Metromike are having the same issues over on https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/2020-st-starting-problems.483846/ - I have been having the issue since the day after I bought the car but unfortunately not often enough to do the buyback. Still, the explorer is in the shop for this right now. There are also some videos on youtube with the same issue.

(Those are not my videos)

Thanks
After 5 visits to the Ford Dealership's Service Dept, it was eventually traced to a battery cap melted! That's not scary, or anything!!! Part was replaced and it has been fine since.

thedanman

Reactions
After 5 visits to the Ford Dealership's Service Dept, it was eventually traced to a battery cap melted! That's not scary, or anything!!! Part was replaced and it has been fine since.
Thank you, my dealership says that "TSB #48268 - 2020 Explorer/Police Interceptor Utility - Discharged Battery/No Crank" is superseded by #49128, but the same docs. They are going to apply that update as well as check the battery caps. Will let everyone know.