Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

De-cat tuning

LokiWolf

Reactions
Do you not have Cats on your Explorer? De-cat tuning? You looking to tune with out Cats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Swiftydrinky
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
There's an epidemic of catalyst thefts in San Diego. Wondering if I can find old cats to hollow them out for hp performance

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The problem with old cats is the fur gets stuck everywhere, which limits hp performance.

LokiWolf

Reactions
There's an epidemic of catalyst thefts in San Diego. Wondering if I can find old cats to hollow them out for hp performance
I will tell you this. All of the top Tuners will not tune for not Cats. If you hollow them out, they will throw codes if they aren’t tuned out.

LokiWolf

Reactions
The problem with old cats is the fur gets stuck everywhere, which limits hp performance.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
??? Not sure I understand.

This, reads like you are saying you want to find (or worse) some unfortunate person's stolen converters to hollow out and do something illegal? If so your dream of gaining horsepower here is misplaced unless you really going over the top with other modifications. Factory converters will handle most 93 tunes and typical bolt-ons.

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Reactions
??? Not sure I understand.

This reads like you are saying you want to find some misfortunate person's stolen converters to hollow out and do something illegal? If so your dream of gaining horsepower here is misplaced unless you really going over the top with other modifications. Factory converters will handle most 93 tunes and typical bolt-ons.
This 100%!

OP
Swiftydrinky
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
I'm rather new to tuning, excuse my ignorance. Cats taste like shit, even with teriyaki. I work at a Ford dealer and found some core return Cats that are bad. I was going to go cheap on performance gains, not going to happen. I am presently speaking with a company in California to develop a turbo back exhaust system to replace poor quality factory parts and hopefully gain more powers

Anyone else in California interested? I know, **** California.

Attachments

Reactions
I'm rather new to tuning, excuse my ignorance. Cats taste like shit, even with teriyaki. I work at a Ford dealer and found some core return Cats that are bad. I was going to go cheap on performance gains, not going to happen. I am presently speaking with a company in California to develop a turbo back exhaust system to replace poor quality factory parts and hopefully gain more powers

Anyone else in California interested? I know, **** California.
Thermal R&D is one step ahead of you. FenFab and SPD both have replacement high-flow cats as well. The FenFab parts are an absolute work of art.

Explorer ST Posts