Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Dashboard errors on long trip

KegsBdry

Reactions
Driving back from a long trip (5 hrs) through the mountains and my dashboard started lighting up with error messages (see attachments).

No idea what's going on. Restarted the car a few times, same errors. Have an appointment on Friday for heated cooled seats fix anyways but it will help.

Anyone know what's going on?

20K miles ago I saw this before but it was a battery cap issue.

Attachments

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Driving back from a long trip (5 hrs) through the mountains and my dashboard started lighting up with error messages (see attachments).

No idea what's going on. Restarted the car a few times, same errors. Have an appointment on Friday for heated cooled seats fix anyways but it will help.

Anyone know what's going on?

20K miles ago I saw this before but it was a battery cap issue.
Bad battery? I know when I had my 17 explorer and my battery was bad, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and all the systems gave errors because they wouldn’t work with a bad battery.

OP
KegsBdry

KegsBdry

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
When this happened before they thought it was a bad battery back at 8,000 miles. They replaced the battery, so it should still be newish. It ended up being a melted battery cap! I'm at 40,000 miles now.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Don't know if you have for scan but I would definitely scan for codes. It will undoubtedly show something. I think it's worthwhile to invest in Forscan Lite with the OBDLink MX+ bluetooth dongle. I take it on trips for diagnostics but you can also run service procedures on the fly. My front half shaft speed sensor failed on a trip. It brings up 3 failures but not the exact same ones you have.

Last edited: