Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

D Pillar W/Speaker

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Can some post the part # for the D Pillar W/Speaker cut out? (Left and Right) Non-Sunroof.

Look at adding more speaker to my stock 6 speaker setup.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You don’t need to add more speakers. You can do everything needed with the locations you have now. Using your budget for better speakers up front is a better play than adding speakers to the d-pillars.

OP
Stone17
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
You don’t need to add more speakers. You can do everything needed with the locations you have now. Using your budget for better speakers up front is a better play than adding speakers to the d-pillars.
My setup so far.
Front Door : Focal Inside IS FORD 690
Rear Door : Focal Inside IC FORD 165

Audio Control amp and Sub getting installed soon.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Add the amp and sub then spend some time tuning it. Just adding speakers is usually a recipe for disappointment.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
You got the right guy answering you Stone...his setup is insane. Deff the person to be asking.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I would not add more rear fill either. I think replacing the cheap ford drivers is a good budget play, as is adding the powered sub, but definitely do yourself a favor and sound insulate the doors if you haven't done so already.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I would not add more rear fill either. I think replacing the cheap ford drivers is a good budget play, as is adding the powered sub, but definitely do yourself a favor and sound insulate the doors if you haven't done so already.
Considering he’s already installed some stuff and is about to install more if say a quality round of sound treatments is the best step. If he didn’t have anything installed yet I’d say it’s the first step.

OP
Stone17
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
When I replaced the speaker, Added Hushmat inside of the door and surround area.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
When I replaced the speaker, Added Hushmat inside of the door and surround area.
Sound treating a car can get quite extensive if you let it. What you did is certainly better than doing nothing but there’s a lot more to be done that can get you some pretty dang good results if you ever decide to dive in deeper.

Explorer ST Posts