Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cutout on passenger front bumper

Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
Curious about cutout on passenger side of the front bumper in the black plastic.
Recovery point? Does the bit come off?
Anyone...

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I think that is for the tow hook if your Explorer is equipped for it. It was deleted as a running change,

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. Does that panel pop in and out or would it be deleted when a tow hook is installed. My production date is March 2021 and there’s no mention in the owners manual. Any pics of people using it for recovery point.

Reactions
The panel should remove. However, I believe the ones that had the threaded spot behind that panel were early 20 models not the 21s

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Here's a picture of a newer Explorer after Ford deleted the tow eye. As you can see there is not a spot to mount it under that panel.

1624226655142.png

Reactions
My 21 has the panel but there is no threaded hole for the recovery bolt. Can't believe they make any vehicle without a front recover point.