Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Custom tune for each drive mode?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Hey guys, wondering who can do custom tune for each drive mode? Sport, economy, tow, trail, ect..? I am new to the tuning world. I'm old school carburetors. I have been researching and thought I ran into a tune that can customize each drive mode? I'm so far behind guys! lol
Just from what I have learned, the 93 octane, E85, E50 tunes, and a combination of larger intercooler, intake and exhaust gives you all sorts of performance "personalities" . I would like to have a "track tune" that uses E50 and be able to turn it off and use my factory sport, economy and Normal mode. I think even a street tune thats not as intense as the E50. My transmission feels sloppy and the ST is brandnew 2023 with 800miles on the clock so far. I would like to clean up the shifting and feel, even for the normal, and sport mode. Anyone done these kind of customized tunes??

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The only way to do drive mode switchable tunes is to use one fuel like 93. E50 will require a stand alone tune…it can’t be mixed with selectable 93 tunes.
At any rate…there’s nobody better than ZFG Racing.

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST
I recommend the zfg dms tune as well. Just did zfg's 93 tune about two weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Had everything mapped to the following:

Normal- performance

Sport- race

Tow-tow

Rest are daily driver (behaves as it would almost stock depending on the mode)

Also kept throttle behavior the same as it was before for all the drive modes.

His 93 tune supports up to E30 too

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
I'll back them up on this. ZFG Racing is the go-to place for DMS tunes.