Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Curious: Recalls not completed prior to purchase

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I’m curious, why if buying a Ford from the Ford dealership, are they not completing recalls prior to selling vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Any good dealership will have their sales and service department working together to keep all recalls completed on lot vehicles, however not all recalls have a stop sale associated with them. If there is a stop sale, they have no choice but to complete the recall before they sell the vehicle. If they go to submit the deal to Ford it will get kicked back.

OP
N
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Any good dealership will have their sales and service department working together to keep all recalls completed on lot vehicles, however not all recalls have a stop sale associated with them. If there is a stop sale, they have no choice but to complete the recall before they sell the vehicle. If they go to submit the deal to Ford it will get kicked back.
Good information. Thank you. Mine did the blue screen on reverse today. Had to go old school and look behind me. Lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
When the salesman called to say my ST had arrived and to come complete the paperwork, I asked him to be certain the relevant recall was completed first.

Redvalk

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Exporer ST
Mine had two recalls.....the rear bolt fracture recall, which they fixed in minutes....and a "rarer" one....the Compliance Recall 22C02 – Fuel Filler Tube End Form. That one only effected Explorers and Aviators made between 6 Dec and 6 Jan. When they went to sell me the vehicle, that one showed up ....they couldn't order the part until they made the sell. They ordered the part and I had to wait another week to actually pick up the car (ok, to get the car, they brought it to me). I was surprised to find it had that second recall. I hadn't heard anyone else on here mention that one...........

Dealer said they couldn't order the part until a sale was made. Seems like a kind of strange policy to me...............

OP
N
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Mine had two recalls.....the rear bolt fracture recall, which they fixed in minutes....and a "rarer" one....the Compliance Recall 22C02 – Fuel Filler Tube End Form. That one only effected Explorers and Aviators made between 6 Dec and 6 Jan. When they went to sell me the vehicle, that one showed up ....they couldn't order the part until they made the sell. They ordered the part and I had to wait another week to actually pick up the car (ok, to get the car, they brought it to me). I was surprised to find it had that second recall. I hadn't heard anyone else on here mention that one...........

Dealer said they couldn't order the part until a sale was made. Seems like a kind of strange policy to me...............
Yes! It seems interesting to sell the car with known active recalls. Especially when they’re safety recalls. Would like the dealership wouldn’t want that risk on them.