Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cruise Control

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Hey All,
I was cruising tonight and all of the sudden the CC cancelled. Nothing obvious happened, just riding on a smooth hwy, minimal traffic, no speed limit changes, no lane assist.
Any ideas?

hbalek

Reactions
Hey All,
I was cruising tonight and all of the sudden the CC cancelled. Nothing obvious happened, just riding on a smooth hwy, minimal traffic, no speed limit changes, no lane assist.
Any ideas?
This has happened to me in heavy rain or fog. On the next drive, it worked fine. I use intelligent cruise and the camera couldn't see.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Exactly, if the sensors can't see anything the adaptive and intelligent cruise stops working. You can switch it over to manual cruise and it will still work tho.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
This has happened to me in heavy rain or fog. On the next drive, it worked fine. I use intelligent cruise and the camera couldn't see.
It was a clear night but I guess there are other circumstances where the cam can't see.
Thanks for the reply!

hbalek

Reactions
It was a clear night but I guess there are other circumstances where the cam can't see.
Thanks for the reply!
It also happens with sudden temperature change and condensation on the area of the camera.

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Exactly, if the sensors can't see anything the adaptive and intelligent cruise stops working. You can switch it over to manual cruise and it will still work tho.
Good to know! It's only happened once in the 3 months I've been driving it so I'll still use the adaptive CC. If I experience any more issues with it, I'll take your advice on the manual CC. Thanks!

OP
Suprawill1
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
It also happens with sudden temperature change and condensation on the area of the camera.
Maybe a bug flew into the lense. lol