Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CRP Stage 5 Turbos and Nostrum Stage 1 install?

Reactions
Looking for some expert opinions. I’m looking to order the CRP Stage 5 Turbos and Nostrum Stage 1 Fuel System upgrade. For those that have installed these upgrades, did you tackle the installation yourself or went through a shop. I know I’m capable but as the ST is my fault driver I want to minimize downtime. Install time? What are your thoughts or opinions? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Vehicle
N/A
Pure700 Turbo Install! | Explorer ST Forum

This thread is useful. OP's shop did it in 5hrs, Ford book time is 7hrs apparently. If you upgrade the turbos, I'd definitely do the downpipes while you're in there. Don't forget to take into account the need for a tune afterwards.

XDI-HPFP Installation on 2020 Explorer ST - YouTube

For the high pressure fuel pump. It doesn't look hard, just a PITA being in such a tight spot.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #3

This thread is useful. OP's shop did it in 5hrs, Ford book time is 7hrs apparently. If you upgrade the turbos, I'd definitely do the downpipes while you're in there. Don't forget to take into account the need for a tune afterwards.

For the high pressure fuel pump. It doesn't look hard, just a PITA being in such a tight spot.
Thanks for the share! I have the SPD Downpipes and Lethal Midpipes ready to be installed, just have to order the turbos and fuel system. I may go with my local Ford Dealership as they have always taken good care of me with installs and warranties.

I have been chatting with Adam about updating my current 93 tune so I think I have that part covered. I won’t be able to run anything other than 93 because the nearest fuel station with E85 is like 30 miles away. I don’t want to go for max power with the new setup but would like to break it to the 11’s and bring the 0-60 times down.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #4

I tried messaging [mention]Kruppa [/mention]on here a few weeks ago but never got a reply. I’m going to try to contact him again for some tips.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Thanks for the share! I have the SPD Downpipes and Lethal Midpipes ready to be installed, just have to order the turbos and fuel system. I may go with my local Ford Dealership as they have always taken good care of me with installs and warranties.

I have been chatting with Adam about updating my current 93 tune so I think I have that part covered. I won’t be able to run anything other than 93 because the nearest fuel station with E85 is like 30 miles away. I don’t want to go for max power with the new setup but would like to break it to the 11’s and bring the 0-60 times down.
Why would you buy the fuel system if you're going to use 93? I'm asking because you will not need it even with the larger turbos if you're not using higher percentage ethanol mixes.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Adam recommended it. I will double check with him.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Check this out:
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/pure700-turbo-install.1616/post-20322
At that time, Kevin did NOT have any fuel mods done. IMHO those Pure 700 turbos will not max out the fuel system on 93 unless you have some other significant modifications.

Here is the dyno to match:
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/sunoco-100-octane-race-fuel.4352/post-56907

To make that kind of wheel horsepower (563) requires more mass airflow and therefore more fuel flow- whether it's 104 octane or not. That would definitely argue against requiring any type of fuel mods for 93 octane.

Last edited: