Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Critique my proposed audio system setup (AudioFrog, Alpine, JL)

Reactions
Stopped by my local shop and got my first quote for replacement audio. Critique away! All opinions are welcome! Estimate 12100 from Extreme Audio.jpeg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Honestly your best bet is to focus your money on the front doors. Deaden the hell out of them and step up to a GB60/GB25/GB10 3 way instead of the GS....even if you have to move some other stuff around or wait a bit. The step up from GS to GB is substantial.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Honestly your best bet is to focus your money on the front doors. Deaden the hell out of them and step up to a GB60/GB25/GB10 3 way instead of the GS....even if you have to move some other stuff around or wait a bit. The step up from GS to GB is substantial.
So you wouldn’t add anything at all to the rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Do the 3 way front first with no rear fill. Ran active and tuned properly with a DSP you likely won’t even miss the rears.
You can always add it later if you feel like you need it.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thanks, UNBROKEN!

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Do the 3 way front first with no rear fill. Ran active and tuned properly with a DSP you likely won’t even miss the rears.
You can always add it later if you feel like you need it.
Did your setup include a 6x9 in the front door? My shop seems to think the front door will take a 6x9 and not 6.5

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The front oem is a 6x9. If a shop can’t fab an adapter plate to run a 6.5 I’d be looking for a different shop. lol
I plan to run an 8” midbass...which also fits with an adapter plate.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
The front oem is a 6x9. If a shop can’t fab an adapter plate to run a 6.5 I’d be looking for a different shop. lol
I plan to run an 8” midbass...which also fits with an adapter plate.
Just got my car back from the shop and it sounds great. Question - did you come up with any solution for the rattle in the overhead sunglasses flip down storage? Any time my sub hits, that’s the only rattle I hear. Everything else has been sound dampened to death