Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CR Performance Turbo Upgrade Options

Reactions
CR Performance has released a few more options for Explorer ST turbo upgrades!

The stage 3 includes a 46x56mm compressor upgrade

The stage 4 includes a 46x56mm compressor upgrade and 45mm 8 blade CR Performance MAR-M turbine

The stage 5 includes a 46x56mm compressor upgrade and 50mm 8 blade CR Performance MAR-M turbine

Cost wise, there are 2 different ways to go about it, you can take your turbos off and send them in (normally a 3-5 day turn around plus shipping time) and have them upgraded or CR will use new cores and you can send your old turbos back to them.

the stage 3 is $1650 if you send your in and $3,160+$525 core if you buy a new set.

the stage 4 is $2050 if you send your in and $3,560+$525 core if you buy a new set.

the stage 5 is $2450 if you send your in and $3,960+$525 core if you buy a new set.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
ok
So what is gained with these upgraded turbo's?
Won't it be necessary to upgrade the HPFP, Intercooler, Injectors, exhaust ETC, ETC before you can realize the benefits of these turbo's

Nomad

Reactions
Are there still no power output numbers for this as well as what supporting mods are needed?

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Dyno numbers are around the corner based on the air flow 50-100hp over the top of the maxed out stock turbos will be possible.

If you have questions about supporting mods you should just send me a message because it really depends on what you want to do.

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Dyno results are in!

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
What is the compressor inducer diameter and outer diameter stock? Also, looking at the supplied dyno chart, it would appear boost (what pressure is max on chart?) is all in by approx 3000 rpm. That would definitely suggest a larger A/R on the turbine would be appropriate to make more horsepower from 4k to 6.5k. Is packaging on the stock housings a limiting factor? I'm curious because I would have thought any of the airwerks (KKK) small frame s200sx or even the EFR 6258compressor wheels would be more than adequate for 600+ hp. So, I'm assuming the ST turbos are completely bespoke from borg-warner's standard offerings.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Also, is this an "at the wheels" dyno chart, or has it been corrected to try to represent crank hp?

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Also, is this an "at the wheels" dyno chart, or has it been corrected to try to represent crank hp?
This is awhp this car is currently trapping 122. Well it trapped 122 before the dyno and we added 40-50 hp on the dyno from start to finish.

The torque is also being limited from 3000-5500 without that it would make 600 ft-lbs plus down low and kill the motor and or trans or both.

We are also not out of Turbo either this just felt like a good place to stop for now.

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Final dyno graph! 619 hp about 90 hp gain over the stretched out stock turbos.

Reactions
So what are the next mods needed to keep going?