Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Converting Yellow Rear Turn Signal Indicators to Red

Reactions
Hi,

New to the forum and I am still waiting for my ST. I just noticed that the rear turn signal indicators are yellow. I cannot explain it, but I really do not like yellow rear turn signals. Can anyone tell if they could be converted to red? I see in some of the other posts that the bulb is amber, so I was hoping it could somehow be converted to red. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ron

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just pop a red bulb in...done.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. I was looking at some more pictures and it looks like the lens is clear. Cheers.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Hey,

Finally made a purchase and installed the red LED turn signal lights. Now I have to figure out how to use Forscan to eliminate the hyperflash.

Cheers,

Ron

Reactions
Hey,

Finally made a purchase and installed the red LED turn signal lights. Now I have to figure out how to use Forscan to eliminate the hyperflash.

Cheers,

Ron
The other option would have been to use Forscan to turn the yellow signal lights off completely, and then change the LED brake lights to combination brake/signal mode:

I made the changes in the BdyCM Module Configuration menu, which is below the BdyCM (AS BUILT) Format menu.

Scroll down until you find the left and right rear turn signal items. Double click on them and select disable.

Find the left and right brake light items. Double click on them and change them from brake only to brake and turn signal.

Write the changes and test to make sure they're functioning.
Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I feel that the yellow turn signals are much more noticeable by other drivers, thus making them a safer choice. The red turn signals on my older Honda Accord blend in too much with the taillight and brake lights, which annoys me. I am surprised I haven't been rear-ended yet.

OP
B
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Hi,

My wife prefers the yellow turn signals too. While turn signals may tell people you may be turning ahead, your red brake lights tell them you are slowing down. You don't get rear-ended because the red brake lights work.

Cheers,

Ron

SwankST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I feel that the yellow turn signals are much more noticeable by other drivers, thus making them a safer choice. The red turn signals on my older Honda Accord blend in too much with the taillight and brake lights, which annoys me. I am surprised I haven't been rear-ended yet.
Exactly that’s because they are much more noticeable.