Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Console Lighting

Thirty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I’m new to the forum and have a question about the lights in the console and storage box under the radio. I have a 2020 ST and the lights stay on for 10 minutes after leaving the vehicle. All the other interior lights dim out shortly after closing the door. I didn’t notice this before. I can’t find a switch to turn them off. Did I miss something? Thank you.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I have a 2021 and can’t find the switch to turn them on. :ROFLMAO:

Rick

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
Rapid Red
I’m new to the forum and have a question about the lights in the console and storage box under the radio. I have a 2020 ST and the lights stay on for 10 minutes after leaving the vehicle. All the other interior lights dim out shortly after closing the door. I didn’t notice this before. I can’t find a switch to turn them off. Did I miss something? Thank you.
The light will go out exactly 10 minutes after you close the door also you probably haven't noticed it but these three symbols also stay lit for 10 minutes and they will go out when the light in your cubby hole goes out. the cubby hole light and the three symbols stay lit because the power to the 3rd row seats stays on for 10 minutes after the vehicle has been turned off.

The three symbols that stay lit for 10 minutes are behind the third row seat they are the right and left and both symbol for the third row power seats.

The owner's manual states that the power to the 3rd row seats stays on 10 minutes after you close the door and that's why the switches are illuminated and the cubby hole is lit up.

OP
T

Thirty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks Rick. Good to know that's normal behavior.

Reactions
Once you hit the lock button they should all turn off.

OP
T

Thirty

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
That was my assumption also, but they do not. All the lights go out except the one in the glove box and the other in the cubby hole.