Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Colorado Mountains ST

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Hey, I'm Chase and I live in unincorporated Golden, CO. My home is around 8900' altitude and it's a pile of crap that I'm slowly renovating. I build satellites for a living and I'm proud to say that I spent nearly 5 years building the James Webb Space Telescope, which recently launched. I was in the Navy as a Parachute Rigger for 11 years before that. I haven't been super engaged in an auto enthusiast forum since I got rid of my GTO about 15 years ago. Spent some time on the jeep forums but that was mostly for rebuild threads. Been lurking here for a few days and I like this forum.

I'm the proud new owner of a 2021 Carbonized Grey ST. I bought it at Loveland Ford and was told it was a lease break. I drove all over for a couple weekends in a row to several dealerships who all advertised online that they had an ST on the lot and none of them had what was advertised! Sign of the times, I guess. Loveland Ford came through for me on Jan 10th. She's stock so far. B&O package, Street Pack and sun roof.

I was actually in the market for a full-size truck but couldn't find anything thing I liked in the price range I wanted. My oldest daughter turns 16 this year, so she will get my 2012 Colorado (5.3L). My wife currently has an Escape Titanium and that has been my first experience with Ford as an adult, which has been less than exciting, although she loves it.

So far, I like everything the ST has to offer except for the Audio System. That will definitely change in the near future. All vehicles could use more HP and TQ but I'll likely wait a little while before diving into that. I have other projects that need my attention and this ST is my daily.

Here's a list of current rides followed by my old ones:
1957 Chevy Apache, big window, step side. Currently in a million pieces. Bought a TCI full chassis 2 years ago. Work in progress.
2003 Harley Nightrain (FXSTBI).
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650, bored to 672, 10 gallon safari tank, full suspension, all the farkles.
2012 Chevy Colorado, 5.3L with throttle body, intake, e-fan, rear-swaybar, full audio setup and wheels/tires.
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Turbo.

Previous:
2001 Jeep Cherokee
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2006 Pontiac GTO
1999 Mercedes ML430
2001 VW GTI VR6
2000 Chevy S10
...and a bunch of beaters in my teenage years.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hey, I'm Chase and I live in unincorporated Golden, CO. My home is around 8900' altitude and it's a pile of crap that I'm slowly renovating. I build satellites for a living and I'm proud to say that I spent nearly 5 years building the James Webb Space Telescope, which recently launched. I was in the Navy as a Parachute Rigger for 11 years before that. I haven't been super engaged in an auto enthusiast forum since I got rid of my GTO about 15 years ago. Spent some time on the jeep forums but that was mostly for rebuild threads. Been lurking here for a few days and I like this forum.

I'm the proud new owner of a 2021 Carbonized Grey ST. I bought it at Loveland Ford and was told it was a lease break. I drove all over for a couple weekends in a row to several dealerships who all advertised online that they had an ST on the lot and none of them had what was advertised! Sign of the times, I guess. Loveland Ford came through for me on Jan 10th. She's stock so far. B&O package, Street Pack and sun roof.

I was actually in the market for a full-size truck but couldn't find anything thing I liked in the price range I wanted. My oldest daughter turns 16 this year, so she will get my 2012 Colorado (5.3L). My wife currently has an Escape Titanium and that has been my first experience with Ford as an adult, which has been less than exciting, although she loves it.

So far, I like everything the ST has to offer except for the Audio System. That will definitely change in the near future. All vehicles could use more HP and TQ but I'll likely wait a little while before diving into that. I have other projects that need my attention and this ST is my daily.

Here's a list of current rides followed by my old ones:
1957 Chevy Apache, big window, step side. Currently in a million pieces. Bought a TCI full chassis 2 years ago. Work in progress.
2003 Harley Nightrain (FXSTBI).
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650, bored to 672, 10 gallon safari tank, full suspension, all the farkles.
2012 Chevy Colorado, 5.3L with throttle body, intake, e-fan, rear-swaybar, full audio setup and wheels/tires.
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Turbo.

Previous:
2001 Jeep Cherokee
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2006 Pontiac GTO
1999 Mercedes ML430
2001 VW GTI VR6
2000 Chevy S10
...and a bunch of beaters in my teenage years.
Welcome to the forum. Along with my ST I also have to GTO's a 1968 and a 2006. I taken a gold on both of them at the GTOAA Nationals.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum. Along with my ST I also have to GTO's a 1968 and a 2006. I taken a gold on both of them at the GTOAA Nationals.
My new gen GTO is a 2005 not a 2006.

OP
Chaseg08

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Ah, you know what, mine was an '05 as well! Ha ha. Midnight Blue Metallic manual. I miss that car. That was my ex-wife saying "I don't like this car. It's too inconvenient with kids". About a year after I sold it, she said she missed it! :mad:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
My 05 is Phantom Black with the Cooper 05 GTO.jpg SAP package.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions