Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Coilovers

Reactions
Has anybody really figured out if the FV or Graveyard Coilovers are worth the time? I think they’re both the same product. Sure would like to know what the ride quality is compared to the other offerings such as H&R, Steeda, and Lethal. Thanks! Jim

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Watching.

Reactions
Hey All,

Although I liked the stance of the FV coilovers, they were just too harsh. Can't speak to the Graveyards, but the FV kit does not come with camber adjustment, so perfect alignment isn't possible without custom camber plates. Bought my KV kit last summer, so if they've added a camber adjustment feature since then, that would be practical.

However, I recently made the upgrade to AirRide. The company that did the work (Kean Suspension, here in Belgium) used the KV coilovers struts, but replaced the springs with bags. The adjustability of the coilovers and air ride gives me nearly infinite options when it comes to ride height and quality (My point being, the quality, build and adjustability of the KV coilover STRUTS is excellent). They also custom made the camber plates for me, so my alignment is good to go. Here’s their post on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...YjzF6p7wazhHf6Evht5yXDEunl&id=281420505280181

Having said that, it doesn’t help you guys much, because I’m not aware of a bespoke AirRide application in the state for our beloved ST (but to be honest, I haven't looked lately).

Let me know if you have any other questions.