Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Coasting in Sport

Reactions
When in sport mode, you jump on the gas and then off, mine doesn't coast....it just acts like in gear and compression braking, this normal, mine odd or am I just stupid?

I did search and saw nothing, making me think, I'm the oddball (as usual)
I have no complaints and love the truck

Reactions
In sport mode it holds the revs up. Which is great for autocross but crap for high way pulls

OP
E
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
OK, so it is normal....that sucks, always have to be on it and if off it's compression braking.

I wish I could pull a paddle (right side please) and clutch it like a bike.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
just blip the upshift paddle when you decide to coast. All depends what gear you are in and what speed. I've never noticed the effect mainly because in sport I like to use the paddles.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
It's working exactly the way it should. Holds gear longer, allows compression braking. @Cdubya is right, just upshift if you don't like the effect.

OP
E
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Got it.
My MB kind of feels in between, like a light touch on clutch, and when you gas it, it reengages (disengages, whatever....lol)

Thanks