Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Chrome tips no more .............

Reactions
Not a fan of chrome exhaust tips. So ...........
IMG_20200514_154618.jpg IMG_20200514_154618.jpg IMG_20200514_160633.jpg
$240 P&L

Reactions
Looks much better

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Yup. Next to go are the luggage rails

lacartus

Reactions
Looks better, especially on black. What are the tips coated with? High temp paint? Some sort of powder coating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Good question. The tips are stainless. I believe the coating is ceramic.

Reactions
Looks good. That is one interesting looking muffler shop lol

KegsBdry

Reactions
Got a video of how it sounds?

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Looks good. That is one interesting looking muffler shop lol
Family owned. No frills. Bathroom and soda machine ........ That's it. However, they do know their business. Owners son did my tips. He was anal retentive about getting them level and the correct inset before welding. Uses a high end spool fed wire welder. Place may look like a hole in the wall but, the shop has fabricated some cool dirt track cars.

Reactions
Family owned. No frills. Bathroom and soda machine ........ That's it. However, they do know their business. Owners son did my tips. He was anal retentive about getting them level and the correct inset before welding. Uses a high end spool fed wire welder. Place may look like a hole in the wall but, the shop has fabricated some cool dirt track cars.
I believe it, I've had some of the best work done at places like that and the worst done at places that look high end.

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Usually the way it is. In TX, Midas is a joke, along with Pep Boys. Firestone stores are not far behind.

Edified

Reactions
Had my quad tips redone in a previous car and one of them was welded crooked. So I can appreciate the attention to detail to make sure they're all level and aligned. Looks good