Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Chrome Exhaust Tips?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What package/option differentiates chrome vs black exhaust tips? I saw an ST today with 401A, ST Performance, Tech packages that had chrome exhaust tips which really shouldnt be the case.

OP
U
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #2
Also I see that in this particular case, the car had an base MSRP of $49,245 whereas other STs that I have seen had $49,745 MSRP. The car with chrome exhaust tips says its a MY2022 and it was built in January. Comparing its window sticker to other ones, there is nothing different about it and nothing that can explain why the exhaust tips are chrome.

F=MA

Reactions
Sorry but chrome tips are what you get with the ST. That's why most folks either replace the tips or remove various sections of the OEM exhaust. Sorry folks those are 2020 ST's from the good old days when a dealer had 20 or 30 in stock to choose from. To me the Atlas Blue always looked better under the showroom lights but not so much on the parking lot. Atlas Blue was my first choice until I saw it on the lot.

cu-3 (1).jpg cu-3 (2).jpg cu-3 (3).jpg cu-3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
U
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thats not what the configurator online shows.

Attachments