Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Check Engine light after Intercooler/intake install

Reactions
Just installed a FenFad intake and whipple intercooler last night and this morning my check engine light came on. Showing Code P04F0 EVAP System High Pressure Purge Line Performance. Any ideas on what to check/fix. Thanks in advance!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Intake related. Call Brett at FenFab.

OP
Selldawg22
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Much appreciated!

bigarron

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Just installed a FenFad intake and whipple intercooler last night and this morning my check engine light came on. Showing Code P04F0 EVAP System High Pressure Purge Line Performance. Any ideas on what to check/fix. Thanks in advance!
what was the resolution?

Fonsoiii

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ford explorer ST
I have the same issue after install afe CAO

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I have the same issue after install afe CAO
check your connections. Almost always install related. Also this is a FenFab intake thread. There is another aFe specific that discusses your exact scenerio.

dbaker1212

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So was there ever a solution for this? I have a FenFab intake and from day one I had this code pop up. Brett sent me a new "y-piece" which is just an Audi/VW venturi fitting to create a vacuum at the purge solenoid and allow boost from the intercooler to go back into the intake. Been driving around with a check engine light for almost about 6 months now. Not saying anything about Brett, he's been great and he verified that all of my connections are correct. Just looking for a solution before next year because I live in MD and have to pass emissions test every 2 years with no check engine light.

travish325

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Same story here. Months with a light. I can reset it with my OBD connector on my phone but it comes back in a few days.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
The good news here is that you probably at least know one fix.