Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Charge Pipes

Reactions
Also remember he has a full time job. He does this work on the side in his garage.

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
Things OK at Fen Fab? Haven't received a response about a purchase request, once a week for a month....or are they just that busy?
Mine shipped. I ordered it about 10 days ago. Do you know what vacuum line i need to tap into for the aftermarket BOV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I went with one for the stock by-pass valve. Ordered it with an ECM cover and had it (in Canada) within a couple weeks. Brett was great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Any definitive info yet on the charge pipe and performance on stock turbos? Is this more cosmetic or will I gain anything tuning with charge pipe?

Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
Definitively going to install it, and it will be on the list that Adam will tune for. With all the upgrades will I be able to determine how much that one piece is contributing? Psst... I know the numbers for this weeks lotto..
No, I've been driving for two weeks with IC, Fen DP, SPD mid, MRT H, DP bov. I'll add the Fen CAI and charge pipe next week and have Adam set up the HPI.Maybe ask someone who's done this incrementally.

Chr1spy

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Non-Street Pack Peasant; 400whp 2018 Accord
Any definitive info yet on the charge pipe and performance on stock turbos? Is this more cosmetic or will I gain anything tuning with charge pipe?
Bringing this back from the dead because I'd like to know also.

Reactions
Bringing this back from the dead because I'd like to know also.
Go back in the search either for UNBROKEN or TMac. Both of the members have mad skills and understand the math behind turbo flow..UNBROKEN built his own charge pipe years ago. He did a lot of research on the flow of the stock plastic pipe and his custom pipe. TMac I think did a good write up on flow capacity of each..if I remember right the consensus was with stock turbos operating under normal conditions the stock pipe was sufficient. Larger turbos at elevated RPMs will see a benefit. With all that said, the plastic pipe with an obvious pinch point bugged the crap out of me so went the aftermarket one. My butt dyno indicates no difference but it makes me feel better at night. Do some research here and come to your own conclusion..

Cheers

Chr1spy

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Non-Street Pack Peasant; 400whp 2018 Accord
Go back in the search either for UNBROKEN or TMac. Both of the members have mad skills and understand the math behind turbo flow..UNBROKEN built his own charge pipe years ago. He did a lot of research on the flow of the stock plastic pipe and his custom pipe. TMac I think did a good write up on flow capacity of each..if I remember right the consensus was with stock turbos operating under normal conditions the stock pipe was sufficient. Larger turbos at elevated RPMs will see a benefit. With all that said, the plastic pipe with an obvious pinch point bugged the crap out of me so went the aftermarket one. My butt dyno indicates no difference but it makes me feel better at night. Do some research here and come to your own conclusion..

Cheers
If I'm not mistaken, some of the info you're referring to is earlier in this same thread! Didn't really seem conclusive to me, at least from what I've seen so far, considering the original question from nzaf985.

Other threads by both users you mentioned seem to imply it's more for show/noise than any measurable gains on stock turbos and/or with no other supporting mods. So I'll hold off on that for now.

Reactions
If I'm not mistaken, some of the info you're referring to is earlier in this same thread! Didn't really seem conclusive to me, at least from what I've seen so far, considering the original question from nzaf985.

Other threads by both users you mentioned seem to imply it's more for show/noise than any measurable gains on stock turbos and/or with no other supporting mods. So I'll hold off on that for now.
We're on the same page. At one point I thought about moving the radiator tank a little to open the charge pipe pathway and use an appropriate preformed silicone pipe.

This platform responds well to the right upgrades. Figuring out which ones is half the fun.. enjoy the ride.