Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Change LED Color

Reactions
Anyone think of swapping the blue overhead LEDs out for another color? Maybe tying into ambient color changing system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Blue light is hard on the eyes and can get tiring during night driving. I would definitely prefer red as it would match nicely with the red color preference I chose in the ambient light system.

Depending on how easily that entire assembly can be dismantled, it would likely require soldering to remove and replace the diodes. It's something I know I'll be looking in to and will report back with any progress I make.

OP
SwagSolo
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Blue light is hard on the eyes and can get tiring during night driving. I would definitely prefer red as it would match nicely with the red color preference I chose in the ambient light system.

Depending on how easily that entire assembly can be dismantled, it would likely require soldering to remove and replace the diodes. It's something I know I'll be looking in to and will report back with any progress I make.
Totally agree with the red over blue sentiment. Figured soldering would be involved. Its on the to do list but admittedly very far down. Let us know how you fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk