Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Center console- what is this?

MY2020ST

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer ST
Inside center console under the rubber mat there is a rectangular plastic cover. When I removed it this is what I found. Anyone know what it is?

Attachments

F=MA

Reactions

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Inside center console under the rubber mat there is a rectangular plastic cover. When I removed it this is what I found. Anyone know what it is?
It's supposed to be used to place the transmission into Neutral, but I could never get it to work.

JSA

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 st
Yes it is.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
It's to put the transmission in nuetral without the vehicle being on or using the shift dial. If your battery died and you needed a tow you would use this to put it in neutral. It's very hard to move though!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
my 2022 has a thing in there that helps you set a new passcode to the outside door push pad . If you forget the pass code to get the doors open you can take that little key that's in the key fob and there is a way to reset a new passcode if you dot remember your code.