Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Center Cap removal without taking off the wheels

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I ordered a new set of center caps for my Vossen HF-7's and researched a way to take them off without taking the wheels off or prying them. Saw people using a suction cup from a radar detector and that did the trick.

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Not crazy if it works.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
This thread is severely lacking in pics of the new center caps...

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I've used a light bulb suction cup. The type you put on a pole and change light bulbs that are up high. It works great. Mine isn't exactly like this, but you get the idea. It unscrews from the pole. suction.jpeg

OP
Cajun Heat

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
This thread is severely lacking in pics of the new center caps...
Oh yeah. Here they are installed. Just a little color to breakup the black on the wheels.

Attachments

F=MA

Reactions
I hear you. BC Forged Center caps are a different story held in with a double o-ring affair. Suction cups wouldn't touch it. I got an extra set of caps with the wheels so I would switch off with the black ones. When I was sure I wasn't going to reuse the black ones I drilled a small hole in them so I could pull them off with a 90 degree pick tool. Found out later the 4 painted center caps are $250 shipped. Doh !!

IMG_6142.JPG

Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts