Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CD PLAYER

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I'm inside wondering if my fully optioned ST has a CD player. Anyone know if they are options or come standard with the upgraded sound system??

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Ummm... nope. No CD.

OP
blackdog

blackdog

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. I didn't think so but the manual has reference to one. Pretty strange.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Might be a thing on exported or made-in-China models. I dunno. [dunno]

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
It's fairly easy to convert your CDs to a flash drive. We have two; one with my stuff and one with the wife's preferences.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
It's fairly easy to convert your CDs to a flash drive. We have two; one with my stuff and one with the wife's preferences.
Our flash drives randomly skip songs, and sometimes during a song almost like a skipping cd player. Have you had these issues?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
No. Every once in a while, I have to re-index it, but that's rare. Between the two of us, there are probably 3G of tunes. What brand are your flash drives? Are you using USB-3 drives in the USB-3 port?

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
With YouTube music and such, I have never looked back. Sorry, not the answer you are looking for.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
No. Every once in a while, I have to re-index it, but that's rare. Between the two of us, there are probably 3G of tunes. What brand are your flash drives? Are you using USB-3 drives in the USB-3 port?
Yes I'm using Sandisk 3.0 and never had the issue in our 2018 XLT. I'm going to use my phone on our next trip and see how I like it.

Reactions
I have many CD’s and not time to save to a tumb drive. Order a CD player online that have a USB port adapter. The Infortainment system recognize the CD player just fine. No problems. The player sets in the Console and connects to the USB port.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
I'm very glad it does not have a CD player.

Reactions
I have many CD’s and not time to save to a tumb drive. Order a CD player online that have a USB port adapter. The Infortainment system recognize the CD player just fine. No problems. The player sets in the Console and connects to the USB port.
I get it - I had on the order of 500 CDs that I sent to https://www.musicshifter.com/ to convert for me. It was under $300 total to get a thumb drive back with all of the music converted and tagged.