Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

catalytic converter anti theft cover

Reactions
Does anyone know when I can buy a catalytic converter anti theft cover for my 2020 model? Things are getting crazy out there these days

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
No worries, it would be EXTREMELY difficult for anyone to steal ST converters due to location. It's more likely some fool might take your H-pipe thinking it was a cat!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Yeah they are, that said, the guys that do this tend to hit easy targets. They know which cars are a breeze. These little boost bullets tuck their convertor up high and tight close to the engine. It takes a good while to actually pull one out to change it. Cutting the upper end of our cats would be extremely difficult. That by no means assures they aren't a target but there are a 30 models that are an easier hit than an Explorer ST.

EDIT: TMAC types faster than I do.

OP
F
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thank you all for the speady replies. I will sleep better for sure knowing this. Thank you again.