Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Cat converter

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Ford replaced my left cat converter in May 23. Took it in for service (heard a fluttering noise) and was told I had cracked exhaust and left cat converter. More than 12k miles so they want an additional $2k. Anyone else had continued problems? Called ford. The rep told me I should report it to some highway safety number because it wasn't warrantied. Crazy!

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ford replaced my left cat converter in May 23. Took it in for service (heard a fluttering noise) and was told I had cracked exhaust and left cat converter. More than 12k miles so they want an additional $2k. Anyone else had continued problems? Called ford. The rep told me I should report it to some highway safety number because it wasn't warrantied. Crazy!
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the repairs. I know the original had a recall on it. Call Ford back and ask them for the details for reporting.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Cats are federal…they’re covered for 8 years or 80K miles…that’s federal law, not Ford warranty.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Others have had left cat pipe replaced twice... should be covered under warranty.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Mine has been replaced twice and covered under the emissions warranty, as mentioned by Unbroken. Talk the talk with the service dept. We know more than most at the dealership, seriously. There are some great technicians at dealers, you just have to find them.