Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CarPlay only half Screen. HELP!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
1F212A94-DE52-469D-8831-156C0E08CB1B.jpeg
Just purchased 2022 explorer ST and instantly upset that the CarPlay covers less than half the screen. “Apply car play preferences” and the audio info takes up so much space. I would like to have the map full screen, otherwise what is the point in having such a nice big screen. Anyone got any help, tips or solutions???

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Sorry but Android is the same way.

Reactions
View attachment 13009
Just purchased 2022 explorer ST and instantly upset that the CarPlay covers less than half the screen. “Apply car play preferences” and the audio info takes up so much space. I would like to have the map full screen, otherwise what is the point in having such a nice big screen. Anyone got any help, tips or solutions???
I only have one tip, get used to the small screen. We all have the same exact complaint, Ford dropped the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST Star White
that pretty much sums up my new vehicle survey of complaints, I dont think Carplay will even use a vertical screen even if it could so that one isnt completely on Ford, however if carplay added verticle support id like to hope Ford would accomodate, but Ford should be able to atleast fix the camera to use the bottom half for the 360 camera and top for rear camera with a software update... question is will they? i doubt it

oh and dont play that country music stuff... unless youve handed in the man card already :)

DRoche

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Reactions
that pretty much sums up my new vehicle survey of complaints, I dont think Carplay will even use a vertical screen even if it could so that one isnt completely on Ford, however if carplay added verticle support id like to hope Ford would accomodate, but Ford should be able to atleast fix the camera to use the bottom half for the 360 camera and top for rear camera with a software update... question is will they? i doubt it

oh and dont play that country music stuff... unless youve handed in the man card already :)
CarPlay can use the vertical screen layout, just look up Subaru CarPlay (sure there are others was well), This is more of a Ford Sync development thing. This is easily can be fixed for CarPlay and the cameras. The Bad is Sync 3 is old version and not much time will be spent on it.

Reactions
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A, Select then Start.....voila, full screen.

Seriously though, this has been covered since the 2020 was released in 2019. With Ford moving to Android for their OS they will 99.9999999% not develop new capabilities for Sync in our Explorers. It is what it is.