Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Camera washer

Reactions
Can the front camera washer be added to the 22?
I can order these parts from Ford but don't know if it's possible to connect them anywhere. The grill does have the spot for the nozzel.
Front Hose - Ford (LB5Z-17A605-K)
Spray Jet - Ford (LB5Z-17603-D)

Also can I add the rear entertainment package? I've been looking on the parts website and can't seem to find it. TIA

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If I hold up 1 finger…then subtract 1…that’s how many times I’ve used the front camera washer in 2 years. It’s pretty pointless.

OP
Greek
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
If I hold up 1 finger…then subtract 1…that’s how many times I’ve used the front camera washer in 2 years. It’s pretty pointless.
Lol I know. I'm sure I'll never use it either. But that little hole where the jet should be nags at my OCD ass. I figured if it's easy to do ill do it and then not have to think about it again. Lol

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Actually I guarantee you have used it. On my 17 explorer it automatically cleaned my front camera any time I used the front window washer. Guessing it’s the same for the 6th gen. However, I surprisingly don’t miss it though. For some reason my 22 st front camera rarely gets dirty enough that I feel I need a dedicated clean on it.

hbalek

Reactions
Actually I guarantee you have used it. On my 17 explorer it automatically cleaned my front camera any time I used the front window washer. Guessing it’s the same for the 6th gen. However, I surprisingly don’t miss it though. For some reason my 22 st front camera rarely gets dirty enough that I feel I need a dedicated clean on it.
I love the feature on my 2020 ST and it does wash everytime I use the windshield washer which is several times per week especially now during heavy pollen season! The rear washer is the one I don't use as much.

OP
Greek
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Would love to know if anyone has an answer to the question tho

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
Last edited:
OP
Greek
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Thanks!!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I don’t use the front camera…ever. Again…I’ve never used that washer.

hbalek

Reactions
I love to use the front camera button for 360 view which helps to get into parking spaces or clear a curb in parking lots.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
You’re not understanding. If you’ve ever used your windshield wiper cleaner, than you have used the camera washer. Whether you use the actual camera or not is irrelevant. You said you never used the front camera washer. I said if you cleaned your window with the washer fluid, then your camera is automatically cleaned.

hbalek

Reactions
You’re not understanding. If you’ve ever used your windshield wiper cleaner, than you have used the camera washer. Whether you use the actual camera or not is irrelevant. You said you never used the front camera washer. I said if you cleaned your window with the washer fluid, then your camera is automatically cleaned.
LOL Yeah it's automatic not a separate wash button for cameras both front and back.

Explorer ST Posts