Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

CAMBER FROM LOWERING SPRINGS / DOWNSHIFT SURGING

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST - STAR WHITE
I installed a set of Steeda lowering springs about a month ago. I noticed a slight camber - approx 1.5" - 2" in the back, leaning in on top.
I contacted Steeda to see if this is normal, but haven't gotten a response. Sent them my alignment results, and they show the alignment is within specs.
I was curious if anyone else has had this issue, and knew of anyone that makes a kit to adjust the camber to bring the wheels into a straighter look?

On another subject. Has anyone else experiencing a surging as the car is slowing? It happens as the RPM's go below 2000, then surge back up to approx. 2200. It only does this below 30-40 miles per hour.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You don’t need a kit for rear camber…you need a competent alignment shop that knows where the adjustment point is.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
My rear camber right after installing the Steeda springs was -1.7 degrees. After the alignment it's -0.6 degrees. As @UNBROKEN said, get a competent alignment shop. Steeda could care less about your alignment; they made a quality part that fits, and it's your job to get a proper alignement.

OP
MR COOL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
You don’t need a kit for rear camber…you need a competent alignment shop that knows where the adjustment point is.
Thanks for the response. You have been very helpful.

OP
MR COOL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
My rear camber right after installing the Steeda springs was -1.7 degrees. After the alignment it's -0.6 degrees. As @UNBROKEN said, get a competent alignment shop. Steeda could care less about your alignment; they made a quality part that fits, and it's your job to get a proper alignement.
Thanks for the response. You have been very helpful. I am very happy with the Steeda products (sway bar and springs) .I contacted Steeda because I didn't know where else to start. My alignment shop gave me about the same numbers as you're showing. At $400+ each for tires,I don't want to shorten the life of my tires.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
So go back to your alignment shop and tell them to set rear camber at -.5°

OP
MR COOL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
So go back to your alignment shop and tell them to set rear camber at -.5°
I have an appointment for next Tuesday at a different shop. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Reactions
I have an appointment for next Tuesday at a different shop. Thanks for all the help and advice.
Unsolicited suggestion, but I'd wait another month to be sure you're springs have fully settled. When mine were first installed they fell within specs, after time and miles, tire wear told a different story.

OP
MR COOL
Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Unsolicited suggestion, but I'd wait another month to be sure you're springs have fully settled. When mine were first installed they fell within specs, after time and miles, tire wear told a different story.
It’s been a month +. Do you think I should wait 2 months?