Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Camber Adjustment Bolt

Edgeybra

Reactions
Need help. After installing eibach got alignment. Came back with -2.9 degrees on driver rear. Shop told me they tried to adjust from all the bolts and got nothing. Told me to come in and they'll show me. Was wondering if there a picture of the exact bolt that does the camber so i can show them. Thanks in advance.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Need help. After installing eibach got alignment. Came back with -2.9 degrees on driver rear. Shop told me they tried to adjust from all the bolts and got nothing. Told me to come in and they'll show me. Was wondering if there a picture of the exact bolt that does the camber so i can show them. Thanks in advance.
https://www.foexplorer.com/ford_explorer_general_procedures_rear_camber_adjustment-432.html

1. Using alignment equipment and the manufacturer's instructions, measure the rear camber.
    Use the General Equipment: Wheel Alignment System
    1. Loosen the upper arm-to-frame bolt counterclockwise (CCW) through 2 complete turns.
      Torque: 129 lb.ft (175 Nm)
    1. Move the upper arm inboard or outboard to adjust rear camber as necessary.

1. Recheck alignment to verify camber change and adjust rear toe if necessary.
    Refer to: Rear Toe Adjustment (204-00 Suspension System - General Information, General Procedures).

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Use the right bolt…camber adjusts just fine. See above post.

OP
E

Edgeybra

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Thanks a lot guys. Went back to alignment shop. He showed me the bolt he adjusted but said there was nothing to do. I gave him the link posted by Cajun heat and he stated he will try it but it won’t make much of a difference. Fast forward 10 mins and it’s in spec.

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You pissed him off probably and he obviously didn’t even try to match it side to side.

OP
E

Edgeybra

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Yea I talked to them over the phone a couple times, before they told me to bring it back and they would show me how it wasn’t adjustable. I was just gonna chalk it up as a loss and find someone else. But that link Cajun directed me to gave me something to show them. Even while looking at the write up he still told me that’s what he did and that he’ll try again but probably won’t do anything. I was just happy to get outta there without -3 degrees of camber out the rear left.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yea I talked to them over the phone a couple times, before they told me to bring it back and they would show me how it wasn’t adjustable. I was just gonna chalk it up as a loss and find someone else. But that link Cajun directed me to gave me something to show them. Even while looking at the write up he still told me that’s what he did and that he’ll try again but probably won’t do anything. I was just happy to get outta there without -3 degrees of camber out the rear left.
Glad that information helped you out.
They do not sound like a competent shop and suggest going somewhere else. Ask them if you get the correct alignment somewhere else and bring them the proof, would they give you a refund.

OP
E

Edgeybra

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Yea thanks a lot man.
i decided to go that shop for the connivence, it’s right next to my business. Usually just use them to patch tires. Thought I’d give them a shot, asked them before hand if they’re able to align one of these knowing issues people had. They assured me it wouldn’t be a problem. But definitely not going back from now on to do any work. I am on the original tires still at about 35k. I will most likely re align after that depending what tire/wheel I end up with. Thinking about taking to the track like willow springs just for fun and I’ll look for a more Motorsport oriented alignment shop.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yea thanks a lot man.
i decided to go that shop for the connivence, it’s right next to my business. Usually just use them to patch tires. Thought I’d give them a shot, asked them before hand if they’re able to align one of these knowing issues people had. They assured me it wouldn’t be a problem. But definitely not going back from now on to do any work. I am on the original tires still at about 35k. I will most likely re align after that depending what tire/wheel I end up with. Thinking about taking to the track like willow springs just for fun and I’ll look for a more Motorsport oriented alignment shop.
That sounds like a good plan.

Take it easy on the track, pushing hard will fade the brakes. Bring someone with you so they can take some pictures of your ST on the track and post them here. Would love to see that.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I wonder if adjusting the upper control arm all the way out should be part of the rear lowering springs install (for DIYers) before they go get the alignment.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I wonder if adjusting the upper control arm all the way out should be part of the rear lowering springs install (for DIYers) before they go get the alignment.
Probably wouldn’t hurt. lol