Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Build date

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
How can you find out what date your explorer was built. Don't u need to know to make sure certain things to get an extended warranty and a few other things ?? I guess while I'm at it is there a site , prob a Ford site where you can find out what is left on ur warrantee? I stumbled over somewhere and it said my car had an extended warrantee on it , then said it had time because it was a Ford gold advantage used car. Im trying to find out exactly what I have on this car. There was a female on one of the sites that worked for Ford in the warrantee dept , if anyone knows her can u send me her screen name so maybe she can help me out ?? Thanks !!!!! Mike

hbalek

Reactions
How can you find out what date your explorer was built. Don't u need to know to make sure certain things to get an extended warranty and a few other things ?? I guess while I'm at it is there a site , prob a Ford site where you can find out what is left on ur warrantee? I stumbled over somewhere and it said my car had an extended warrantee on it , then said it had time because it was a Ford gold advantage used car. Im trying to find out exactly what I have on this car. There was a female on one of the sites that worked for Ford in the warrantee dept , if anyone knows her can u send me her screen name so maybe she can help me out ?? Thanks !!!!! Mike
The FordPass app displays all of your warranty information including activation date, expiration dates, covered items and even extended warranty terms. The Ford Owner website for your VIN# and account will also have that information.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If you're still looking for the build date, it's located on the driver's side door jam sticker.

hbalek

Reactions
If you're still looking for the build date, it's located on the driver's side door jam sticker.
The exact build date is on the window sticker if you have it or if it's in PDF format. The door jam only gives month and year.

OP
Mikes 22St
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
Thanks all .. The reason I asked is because I'm trying to check some info . When I bought it from the dealer it had 19K miles . They said u get the Ford blue advantage warranty, its like a year but its still under its original warranty.. But when I was on the Ford home page one time I was just snooping around and somehow found a page and was able to enter my vin# and got info on my car . It said I had an an extended warranty for i believe 60k/ 6 year.. but I wasn't able to fund that page again ... so still hunting !!!!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The exact build date is on the window sticker if you have it or if it's in PDF format. The door jam only gives month and year.
Thanks for that!
Where would it be found in PDF format?

hbalek

Reactions
Thanks for that!
Where would it be found in PDF format?
There used to be dealer sites where you could enter your VIN and you could see a PDF of your window sticker. Not sure if they still have that. I found mine that way back in 2019 and downloaded it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
There used to be dealer sites where you could enter your VIN and you could see a PDF of your window sticker. Not sure if they still have that. I found mine that way back in 2019 and downloaded it.
Cool, thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Couldn't find it in Carfax so I used this. Thanks for posting!
Sorry it didnt work for ya... Our window sticker was included when we bought the CarFax report on our '21 ST. Worked that way for my Mach 1, also.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Sorry it didnt work for ya... Our window sticker was included when we bought the CarFax report on our '21 ST. Worked that way for my Mach 1, also.
Yes, thanks, all good! When I went to car fax, the report offered a lot of info I already had but the sticker wasn't listed in the lineup at present. They wanted $60+ for the report. Monroney Labels had the sticker alone for $9.99.

Explorer ST Posts